Liquid Gold: 16 Everyday Benefits You Can Get From Argan Oil
The people of Morocco have been using argan oil for centuries. It was only recently that the many restorative benefits of this oil became known to the rest of the world. The numerous healing properties of argan oil can benefit your body in many ways.
If you are curious to know what argan oil can do to improve your health, you are at the right place. This article will make you familiar with the invigorating properties of this oil. We recommend that you read the entire article, because each use of pure argan oil is worth your time, as are all of its aspects for rewarding you with good health.
So, without any further delay, let’s explore the many benefits of argan oil:
1. Know About the Different Types of Argan Oil
The Berbers extract argan oil from the nuts of the argan trees. The local workers pick nuts from the tree by hand. Then, they extract the kernels from the nuts. These kernels are the actual source of the oil.
There are different extraction processes for producing the oil. The extraction processes can affect the properties of the oil; thus making it suitable for a specific purpose. Keep reading to know about different types of argan oil:
– Culinary Argan Oil: The Berbers roast the kernels before extracting oil from them. Edible argan oil is golden brown in color and rich in antioxidants. Its flavor resembles that of hazelnuts. You can drizzle edible argan oil on your dishes and salads.
– Cosmetic Argan Oil: The Berbers don’t roast the kernels to obtain cosmetic argan oil. Cosmetic oil is light yellow in color. You can use it on your hair, nails and skin.
– Enriched Argan Oil: This is natural argan oil infused with active ingredients containing excellent anti-aging properties.
2. Hard Nut to Crack: Storing Your Argan Oil with Care
Argan oil is sensitive to light and heat. If exposed to either of these elements for a long time, the oil can break down and lose most of its nutritive value, thus becoming less effective. Because argan oil is quite expensive, you would certainly want to avoid allowing your oil to become rancid.
dark amber glass bottle
Photo by Lilly_M / CC BY-SA
Here are some tips for the storage and use argan oil:
– You do not have to refrigerate the oil. Instead, you should store it in a dark and cool place, such as a cupboard which is not exposed direct sunlight or heat.
– Always buy argan oil stored in a dark amber glass bottle. Do not transfer the content in plastic or plain glass bottles.
– Exposure to the atmosphere slowly degrades and removes its nutritive value. Therefore, use the argan oil within six months of opening the seal.
Now, let’s look into the health benefits of this famous Moroccan liquid gold.
3. Enhance the Nutrition of Your Meals with Culinary Argan Oil
The nutritional value of argan oil is impressively high. As a result, it is possible to derive a number of benefits from the edible version of this oil. In fact, experts consider argan oil to be just as good as olive oil when it comes to nourishment.
Some of the beneficial components of argan oil are:
– Omega-6 fatty acids: They benefit the body in a number of ways including keeping the brain alert and the immune system strong.
culinary argan oil– Vitamin A: It is essential for the health of the eyes and supports the immune system.
– Tocopherols: Tocopherols are powerful antioxidants that help counteract the harmful effects of the free radicals in the body.
– Antioxidants: Antioxidants helps protect your skin from environmental damage, sun damage, chemicals and pollution.
– Squalene: This restorative ingredient has various antibacterial properties that are effective for curing skin conditions such as acne, psoriasis and eczema.
– Polyphenols: Polyphenols have anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and free radical fighting properties. They help cleanse your body of carcinogens by strengthening your its immune system.
– Ferulic Acid: A rare antioxidant that protects your skin from the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun.
– Sterols: Sterols enhance the function of the skin barrier and prevents the signs of aging.
– Oleic and Linoleic Acids: These acids are required for the formation of prostaglandin, which works as a natural anti-inflammatory agent and a therapeutic agent.
– D-7 Stigmasterol: This component helps in healing injuries, wounds and skin tissue damage.
You can use argan oil in a variety of ways while you are cooking. However, heat can destroy the vital ingredients of the oil; therefore, you should avoid using argan oil for cookery. However, you can add it to salads as a healthy dressing. You can also use argan oil to add flavor to your food. There are many desserts that use argan oil exclusively.
4. More Than a Beauty Treatment: Discover the Health Benefits of Argan Oil
Photo by Diabetes Care / CC BY
There are various benefits of adding culinary argan oil to your foods. Here are a few of them:
– Digestion: Argan oil can improve the digestion processes of your body by increasing the concentration of pepsin.
– Bad Cholesterol: It is capable of reducing the levels of bad cholesterol in the body, thus leading to a healthier heart.
– Blood Sugar: Argan oil helps balance levels of blood sugar so that diabetes can be controlled or prevented.
– Inflammation: The anti-inflammatory properties of argan oil help provide relief from sore muscles and joints. Massage a few drops of pure argan oil into your skin while targeting the affected area.
5. Argan Oil: An Alternative Cancer Treatment
Cancer is one of the most dreaded diseases in the world. Many people are only aware of the cosmetic benefits of argan oil, but it has a major role in the prevention of cancer, as well.
The cancer fighting feature of argan oil is mainly due to the high concentration of antioxidants in the oil. These antioxidants can destroy the free radicals in your body. As free radicals may cause cells to become cancerous, antioxidants make sure that this does not happen.
The curative potency of argan oil helps prevent prostate, colon, bladder cancers and carcinogenic tumors throughout your body, which may occur because of inflammation or infection.
Food isn’t the only place where you can use argan oil. The uses of argan oil in beauty and cosmetics are diverse. Let us find out what they are.
6. Argan Oil: A Nightly Moisturizer for a Luminous and Healthy Glow
Photo by Therme Loipersdorf / CC BY
One of the most common applications of argan oil is in the form of a moisturizer. You can use argan oil to hydrate the skin and soften it up. This oil has a high level of fatty acids and vitamin E. Your skin uses these nutrients to improve its health and condition. There are many reasons why you should use argan oil as a moisturizer.
– Argan oil does not irritate the skin.
– It does not feel greasy on the skin.
– It is a completely natural product; therefore, there are no side-effects.
– The skin can absorb the oil easily, which is beneficial for its overall health.
How to Apply Argan Oil
Use argan oil for moisturizing your neck and your face. You may use the oil as follows:
– Apply a few drops of oil on your skin.
– Massage the oil into your skin by gently rubbing it in.
Make argan oil a part of your morning and night skin care routine. You can even use it as a serum.
7. Moisturize Your Whole Body with This Easy Tip
Photo by Veganbaking.net / CC BY-SA
You can most certainly use argan oil all over your body as a moisturizer. Of course, the high costs of the oil may hinder your ability to use up such a large amount of the product. Be that as it may, there is another way you can use the oil.
– Take any natural oil that is inexpensive and suitable for your body. Coconut oil can be useful, for example.
– Add a few drops of argan oil to the other oil.
– Mix the two oils thoroughly.
– Gently massage the oil mixture all over your body to get the moisturizing benefits of argan oil.
8. Reverse Aging: Make Yourself Young Again
Argan oil is more than an effective moisturizer. You can use it as an anti-aging treatment. Some of the features of the oil are as follows:
– It imparts your skin a youthful glow.
– It improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
– Antioxidants protect the skin from the harmful effects of free radicals.
– Argan oil restores the flexibility and elasticity of the skin.
– Argan oil will hydrate your skin. As a result, it will feel softer and plumper.
Application of argan oil on your skin before retiring for the night can help give you quick results. Do not forget to massage the oil into the skin properly.
Argan oil is effective as hair oil, too. Read on to find out lots more about argan oil.
9. Tired of Frizz: How Argan Oil Makes Your Hair Smooth and Glossy
Photo by o5com / CC BY
Argan oil makes a good styling agent for your hair. Due to its moisturizing capabilities, it is capable of improving the health of your scalp. Additionally, it also improves the health of hair thanks to the nutrients present in the oil.
such as Frizzy hair is often difficult to maintain. However, argan oil can help smoothen the hair and make it straight. It improves the manageability of the hair. At the same time, it adds a healthy shine to the hair.
If you are suffering from brittle and thin hair, you can use argan oil to strengthen your hair strands. It helps promote the growth of strong and healthy hair. The oil can even undo the damage caused by chemical hair treatments. There are different ways you can add argan oil to your hair care regimen. You can use it as a:
– Shampoo: As argan oil can make your hair softer, you can use it in the form of a shampoo. There are many shampoo products that have argan oil as one of their ingredients.
– Conditioner: Argan oil can be an effective choice for a hair conditioner for the same reasons. You do not have to get a conditioner with this oil. You can use the oil alone for conditioning your hair. Take a few drops of the oil in your hands. Rub your palms thoroughly and then massage your hair. Make sure that your hair is damp in order to get the best results.
– Styling Agent: This oil is a much better choice than any chemical hair styling product. In order to use it as a styling agent, take a few drops of oil and massage it gently through your hair. You should cover your hair evenly with the oil. Then, style your hair the way you want it as argan oil will make your hair manageable.
drops of oil– Hair Mask: Using argan oil as a hair mask is a rejuvenating way to enhance the look of your tresses. Here is how to make one:
– Take an adequate amount of the oil and massage it into your hair.
– Make sure all of your hair and your scalp has been completely covered with the oil.
– Wrap your hair in a towel or cloth so that the oil does not stain your pillow.
– Leave it overnight and wash it off with shampoo in the morning.
10. No More Dry Skin Problems: Healing Eczema and Psoriasis
You can get a lot of relief from dry skin problems with the help of argan oil. Even if you have diseases that have caused your dry skin problems, such as acne, eczema and psoriasis, you will find many benefits in argan oil. Let us know how this oil is helping to calm your flaky and dry skin:
Argan oil is an excellent moisturizer. It will rehydrate your skin, and keep it soft and supple.
Argan oil has fatty acids. As well as the vitamins in the oil, will prevent the problems of irritation and dryness.
Argan oil is healing. There are nutrients in argan oil which will soothe your skin and prevent inflammation.
Argan oil is a protectant. The application of argan oil acts as a natural barrier to your skin and prevents it from drying out in the sun.
Argan oil provides instant relief. It can help your eczema by reducing the itchiness and thus soothing the skin.
Photo by Mysi Ann / CC BY-SA
How to Apply Argan Oil to Affected Area
To rid yourself from scratchy and dry patches of skin, you should use argan oil immediately after a shower.
– Take a few drops of pure argan oil in the palm of your hand and pat it gently over your eczema patches. You should avoid massaging your irritated skin.
You need to use argan oil a few times during the day, in order to relieve itchy skin. For the subsequent application, you can apply the oil directly to dry skin patches and you will find relief from inflammation and redness.
11. Cracked Heels and Dry Feet: Start the Healing with Argan Oil
The high concentration of antioxidants in argan oil is extremely beneficial in helping your skin heal faster. There can be a number of skin issues, such as skin irritation, damaged skin, cracked skin and burns, and you can use argan oil to protect and heal your skin. After all, the oil can reduce inflammation and speed up the healing process.
At the same time, it can provide relief from pain. One of the common skin issues that many people deal with are cracked and dry heels. Here’s how you can make your heels soft and supple:
– Apply two drops of argan oil onto your feet.
– Massage thoroughly into the problem areas.
– You may need to apply a couple of additional drops to moisturize the area completely, if your skin is quite dry and flaky.
– Protect your feet with a pair of comfortable socks so that the oil can seep into the skin.
– Leave your socks on for at least 20 minutes, but preferably overnight.
12. Say Goodbye to Acne Thanks to Rejuvenating Argan Oil
acneMany chemical-based skin care products can exacerbate different skin conditions like acne, for example. Of course, acne is a major problem, as it ends up leaving scars even after it has disappeared. Argan oil, on the other hand, does no harm to the skin at all. Instead, it makes your skin healthier and protects it from acne.
The primary reason behind acne is the excessive production of oil. Argan oil can moisturize the skin without allowing it to become oily. This is because argan oil does not leave your skin greasy.
Surprisingly, argan oil treats acne by reducing the sebum production of your skin, which in turn decreases the oiliness of it. The presence of antioxidants in the oil helps the damaged skin cells to recover and they heal faster. The curative nutrients of argan oil can also reduce inflammation.
How to Apply Argan Oil for Acne
– Clean your face thoroughly and pat it dry.
– Take a few drops of argan oil and massage it gently into the skin.
– Repeat this process twice daily.
– It can help remove mild acne and protects the skin against further breakouts.
Argan oil helps create a perfect balance between the oiliness and the dryness of your skin.
13. Argan Oil Won’t Let Stretch Marks Ruin Your Beautiful Skin
stretch marksThere are many reasons why stretch marks can occur. Pregnancy often leaves stretch marks. These marks are result of a loss of elasticity in the skin. Therefore, you need to restore the elasticity so that the skin can become normal again.
Argan oil is perfect to get rid of stretch marks as it contains the vitamins necessary to restore the flexibility of the skin. Here is how you can use argan oil to reduce and prevent these unpleasant marks:
– Apply argan oil to all the areas that you believe are at risk for developing stretch marks. Take a few drops of the oil and rub it into the skin gently.
– If you already have stretch marks, make a mixture of brown sugar and argan oil. Apply this mixture to the areas with the marks before taking a bath. After washing it off, massage a bit of argan oil on those areas again.
14. Get Ready to Kiss Again: Heal Your Dry Lips with Argan Oil
Lips can easily become dry, sore and cracked. These problems occur more frequently in dry or cold weather due to the low humidity in the environment. Argan oil can quickly and effectively rectify this problem because of its various nutrients. This oil will keep your lips supple, soft and plump, even in harsh conditions.
How to Apply Argan Oil to Your Lips
You can apply a drop of argan oil on your lips as a balm. It will keep your lips hydrated. However, make sure that you remove any excess oil.
Photo by Sergio Fabara Muñoz / CC BY-SA
You can also argan oil for lip exfoliation, as well. Follow the recipe below in order to create a gentle lip scrub using argan oil:
– A few drops of vanilla extract
– A few drops of argan oil
– Half a teaspoon fine brown sugar
– Mix the ingredients properly.
– Lightly massage this concoction onto your lips. Use a circular motion while massaging.
– Rinse off the mixture from your lips
15. Shaving Help: No More Burns and Bumps with Razors
The use of razors can result in burns and bumps from time to time. They are uncomfortable and look unpleasant; however, argan oil can help you treat these issues by soothing the skin. Shaving sometimes inflames the skin. Application of argan oil after a shave can calm your skin and hydrate it.
How to Apply Argan Oil After Shaving
– After shaving, take a few drops of argan oil in your palm after shaving and gently massage it on the shaved areas. Let it soak in and you’re all set. There is no need to rinse it off.
Besides helping with your health, skin and hair, what else can argan oil do? Keep reading to find out.
16. Argan Oil Makes Your Nails Beautiful and Strong
nailsNails are not given as much as attention as the face and the hair; however, their health is just as important. Your nails can become damaged due to the chemicals used during manicures and found in nail polish. Over time, nails usually become brittle and crack under pressure. Even the skin and the cuticle surrounding the nails can harden due to those chemicals.
Argan oil helps restores the health of your nails, cuticles and the surrounding skin. It provides the necessary hydration to these areas, along with various nutrients. Regular application of argan oil makes the cuticles softer, thereby leaving them easier to clean. Argan oil also helps you get rid of any calluses that might have formed around your nails.
How to Apply Argan Oil to Your Nails
The nail care regimen with argan oil is simple.
– Use a drop or two of the oil on your nails.
– Rub the oil on the nails and the surrounding skin.
– Let your skin absorb it completely.
Argan oil is a boon to humankind. The blend of revivifying ingredients in argan oil makes it a perfect choice to introduce to your kitchen and skin routine. As long as you use argan oil properly, its benefits will be endless. Besides, in order to delight in its immediate effects, use only pure argan oil.
Remember, it takes a lot of patience and hard work to produce argan oil. Therefore, the cost of this oil is rather high. Nonetheless, the money you pay outweighs the overall health benefits gained from argan oil.